Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Another Cat Sick, Fluffy from the Park

Fluffy


I didn't see Fluffy yesterday, which had me concerned.  She always stays near the table I feed from at the park, down at the lower level of the park.  She sleeps there.  She plays there, along with Pookie, Soze, and Princess.

She showed up late today and I could see right away how sick she was.  She had messed herself and her eyes were sunken, she was weak and shaky.  She had lost a lot of fluid.  I put down food for her but she didn't eat.

I went home to get a carrier, went back and had to search for her in the tall weeds.  I finally found her, thanks to King and Petey, and after some patience I was able to grab her by the scruff of the neck and put her into the carrier.  Nik met me at the house to took her to the vet.

Nik took Fluffy to the vet


The vet said she had the same thing the Hero had, but her body temperature hadn't fallen yet.  However she was very dehydrated and the prognosis is not good. 

Fluffy is such a sweet shy quiet little cat.  She's small and young, probably about 9 months old.  She reminds me of Zsa Zsa.  But I was finally able to get close to Fluffy and sometimes I could pet her.  She is a bit of a loner and just recently had started playing with the other young cats.  She showed up out of nowhere this past summer one day all by herself.  I don't know who she belongs to, i.e., who her mom was, but it never looked like she had any siblings.  Once she got more familiar with me she would stumble toward me on her short stiff front legs with her puffy body atop, which became even puffier this winter.  It was so cute. 

I hope she is going to be alright.  Please send her your prayers.

Please pray for Fluffy

No comments:

Post a Comment