Monday, February 25, 2013

King Comes Home Tomorrow an Altered Cat

King

The vets say King can come home tomorrow.  He will have to stay in a large carrier for a while while his hip heals.  Barring any unseen developments, that is the plan.

They said he has been a very naughty patient, biting the vets' fingers and such, but he is afterall a feral cat, and I am just grateful they were willing to treat him. 

They also neutered him while he was under anesthesia for his x-rays.  That's good.  He was on our list of  the 'Big Fish' we wanted to catch.  I just hope he doesn't feel like we added insult to injury. 

Ever since I met King I noticed he had an eye injury that caused his pupil to be enlarged.  I never saw it infected but the day we caught him I noticed it was weeping a lot.  They sedated him and cleaned it out really well, and asked if we thought we would be able to give him eyedrops.  The answer to that is I don't know, it likely will be difficult.

You can see King's eye weeping in this picture

How hard is this going to be bringing home another cat with special needs especially since he is feral?  It's probably going to be hard, but I am just so happy he is alive.  My  hope is the injury will heal in time and he will be able to live out on the veranda and play in the olive grove with the others.

He always has a place here with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment