Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Altering Glitter

The graceful and beautiful Glitter


Glitter is a young female cat at Sammy's.  She is so pretty, gentle and humble of spirit, that I felt cruel trapping her.  I used a carrier in her case, and some hard earned trust, to get her to go inside for some delicious soft food, and then I gently closed the door behind her.  She panicked and I felt horrible.  Walking to the car with a cat whom I feel horrible about catching, while carrying a cat who feels horrible about being caught is horribly unpleasant. There is no other way to put it.


Humble and meek of spirit, Glitter

Glitter and Earl Grey are very close, and Earl Grey became alarmed when I caught Glitter, too, as he was standing close by.  In fact the next time I saw him before I had returned and released Glitter, I noticed he was stand-offish, more than usual, and decidedly suspicious.  I reassured him Glitter would be back soon and I wanted only her well being.  He still looked at me suspiciously.  He missed his friend.  

Earl Grey


Glitter upon release, too cautious to bolt (I have to point out, she kept a heretofore unseen tidy carrier)

Getting her bearings

She finally shot out of the carrier

She headed directly for the wall of the house next door

Up and over, she squeezed through the fencing

Once she made it into the third garden, she began howling loudly.  Nik was with me and we looked at each other because we had never heard anything like it after a release. I followed over to the fence to see what she was crying about, and it then became clear that she was calling out to Earl Grey, because as soon as he arrived she stopped crying.  
 
Earl Grey came and then everything was better

Glitter and Earl Grey share an affectionate reunion
Godspeed, dear Glitter.

Xronia polla, matia mou
People don't seem to admire meekness much, or encourage it, but when you meet someone meek, you know why God values this trait and calls it a virtue.

1 Peter 3:3-4

3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
 
This is Glitter.  This is her beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment