Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Taking King to the Emergency Clinic and a Blind Cat at Sandra's

I had to take King back to the emergency clinic Friday night because his diarrhea came back and very bad it was.  He stopped eating and drinking water.  I would put my hand in his cage, and he would lay his head in my hand.  I scratched his neck.  He loved it. 

He is still there now, and he is doing a lot better, but they did tests on him and he tested positive for feline AIDS or FIV.

I don't know what to do.  I can't bring him back here, and I can't release him back at the park.  Unless someone with no cat or another cat with FIV takes him in, I will have to have him euthanized, because the vet is pressuring me.  It is not the doctors, they are kind, but the lady who owns the emergency clinic. I don't think people who aren't doctors should run vet clinics.  They don't understand.  They are not service people, they are business people. 

I have been tending the feeding station at Sandra's which Nik usually does.  I saw what I believe was a completely blind adult cat back there.  I remember him from a while back and so I speculate he has gone blind slowly.  It was perhaps the saddest thing I have ever seen.  I want to go back and try to trap him to help him and to get him off the streets.  Is it the right thing to do?  I don't know.  I never know if what I am doing is the right thing, because it is never the perfect solution I wish for.  I do the best I can when making judgements. 

Sandra said she would help me and stand watch in case any of the tenants object to my being back there or to what I am doing.

This is an old picture Nik took at Sandras, it is this cat all grown up who is the blind one I saw.  You can see from the picture he already has an issue with his eyes. 


this feral cat is now fully blind


It's been a scary and sad week.

Thanks to my friend Alma who went with me to take King to the vet in the middle of the night.

Our vet bills are increasing and outstanding.  As you may have heard, Cyprus is in deep financial trouble.  We need help, please. Will you please consider a monthy donation?  However small?  I don't know how I am going to be able to continue this work without donations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment