Friday, March 8, 2013

"And Lilies are Still Lilies...."


“And lilies are still lilies, pulled  by smutty hands, though spotted from their white.”  Elizabeth Barrett Browning 

Lily of the Fields
   

After I left the park last Friday night, I went to Sammy's and fed the cats there, and when I was finished, rather than going back via the seafront road, I drove home via the fields behind our old house.

The fields behind our old house


Two eyes shined out at me.  I was exhausted, but I thought, "Oh heck, I have gotta leave some food."

It was near our feeding station in the fields, one Nik takes care of in the early mornings. I haven't been there in a long while.  I was so happy and surprised to see it was Lily hiding there in the bushes.  Those were her lovely eyes shining out at me, flagging me down.  She was just as sweet and beautiful as ever.

It's always good to see an old friend and to know they are faring well.  Doubtless the food and water Nik leaves there every day has helped her to survive.

Lily when I first met her

It's good to know, lilies are still lilies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment