Saturday, June 15, 2013

Caring for the Sick

God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.
~Mother Teresa



I am overwhelmed now with sick kittens.  I have twelve kittens here now, several of whom are sick, one who is close to death.  I have barely enough money to feed these cats, much less get them the veterinary care they need.  I wonder at times like this what I am doing, if I am helping, and I am tempted to feel hopeless. 

I am saddened by the people, the so called animal lovers here,  who have never offered me any help.  I have received criticism, advice, requests for money (vets), warnings, chidings, admiration, but as I was reminded in a dream the other night, not one person has asked what they could do to help. 

No one wants to get involved.

Why?  This work requires sacrifice.  It requires facing your failures, facing death, and not being able to live the way you want, and do the things you want, when you want.  

At times like this I look desperately for inspiration, hope, energy, and after exhausting the meager crumbs the world has to offer, I turn again to God, and I am reminded of the truth. 

When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed.
~Mother Teresa




No comments:

Post a Comment