Thursday, May 31, 2012

Was I Dreaming?

OK, a lot has been going on.  Friday night I was crashed on the floor of the master bedroom with Starlight and her kittens when Nik got home.  He  gently woke me up to find out if Muji, our dog, needed to go out, and then casually mentioned that Arsenoe was in the guest bedroom.  I was like, "OK."  But I was still half asleep.  A couple of minutes later I was fully awake and thinking, "Wait, what?!  You mean there are twenty cats in the house now?"  but Nik was long gone.  So I peeled myself off the floor and started to freak out when suddenly a calm came over me and I realized, "Of course Arsenoe is here.  Where else should she be?"

And that is the way I have felt ever since since this beautiful creature came into our home.  That was the first time I met Arsenoe and she was everything Nik, George and Christina said she was.  I went in to meet her that night.  I coaxed her out from under the bed, and she gently nibbled on my fingers, and I have loved her ever since. 

PS  Arsenoe is doing well.  She is walking better, but mostly resting, still on meds, and she is in good spirits.  She has met about 4 cats so far and she handled it quite well,...uh, better than they did. But mostly she has the room to herself.  She is a very tidy cat.  We have never had a new cat come in off the streets who was so tidy in her ways.  (For those of you who haven't followed the story, Arsenoe was hit by a car when Nik found her on the shoulder of the seafront road.  She was pregnant with a litter of 7 kittens at the time.)

Arsenoe loves this little house

 Arsenoe met Charity - that went well

No comments:

Post a Comment