Sunday, May 6, 2012

Baby Eats Again

Last week, Baby, who is nursing kittens, stopped eating and I trapped her at the park to get her some emergency help. You can read that story here. 

Baby showed up looking a mess and unable to eat last week

Baby sedated on an emergency vet visit
I took her in for an emergency vet visit and it turned out she had part of a bird she must have eaten lodged in her mouth.  The vet removed it, pretty sure that it was the cause, and I took her back to the park for release.

She was still a little wobbly when I let her go, and I didn't see her for the next 24 hours, so I didn't know if she was able to eat again and of course I was concerned.

But Nik brought me the good news that he saw her up at the apartments 48 hours later eating.  And then the morning after that, she showed up at the park to eat with the other cats there.  I was so happy to see her, and relieved to see her eating.

So, thank God, it was just a little setback for her and the vet was able to help her.

Baby, recovered,  leaves after a good meal at the park

No comments:

Post a Comment